How to Email Resume? Follow the following steps while sending your CV or resume to the employer through email :
- Use an effective subject line (Sample Subject Line: Applying for Sales Manager – Job Code – 457XX23 – Resume Attached) in email while sending resume/cv
- Address the hiring manager or employer by name
- In the first part of the email, tell the hiring manager who you are and why are you contacting them
- In the second paragraph say what value you’d bring to the company
- Close the resume email body with saying you’re eager to meet in person
- Add a professional signature with your contact details
- Attach your resume and a cover letter saved in PDF with professional file names e.g yourname_resume.pdf or yourname.pdf
Include a Phone Number with Country Code
You should include a phone number with your country code, with good formatting e.g +91 993 923 1923
Email clients such as Gmail, Yahoo are intelligent enough to detect phone numbers, so when clicked from mobile devices, it will launch dialer on mobile devices.
Best time to email a resume: Monday morning 6 AM – 8 AM. Remember – Last Into the mailbox – First seen by the recipient.
If you send an email Friday night and expect a call by the
Alternatively, how about you sent your resume between 6 AM –
Sample email for job application with resume – Email body for sending resume
Subject line: Applying for Sales Manager – Job Code – 457XX23 – Resume Attached
Dear [Hiring Employers Name],
Please find attached a copy of my resume and a cover letter for the Sales Manager at XYZ.
As the winner of the 2019 Webby Award for Best Navigation and Structure, with a proven record of increasing user experience scores by over 40% on 25+ websites and online apps, my goal is to leverage 10 years of experience to help XYZ succeed with optimizing the UX on your three key online platforms.
I am looking forward to meeting you in person to share my insights and ideas on making XYZ’s web development quicker and more effective.
Senior Web Developer
The recruiter will see your mail first when he logs in, the possibility of getting a response is very high.
Also, read How to send Resume to HR