While writing a teacher resume, your priority should be to choose the format that best showcases your unique life experiences and abilities. It is also necessary to make sure you know the current trends regarding resume formats. Consequently, it will be favorable for you to review some teacher resume samples.
You can read this article to get an idea for writing a teacher resume format and some tips to make your teacher resume stand out.
What to include in a Teacher Resume Format
A teacher resume format can include everything education-related, whether it is your education details or about your volunteering experience to teach local children.
Here are some sections you can include in your teacher resume.
- Career Objective/ Professional Summary
The purpose of a professional summary is to give the recruiters a quick overview of your skills and achievements without having to dive into the rest of your resume.
Teaching jobs require specific degrees and certifications. Include all your relevant qualifications under the ‘Education’ section or you may add another section to list all your certifications.
List all your experience related to teaching under this section. If you have little or no previous professional experience, talk about your internships or volunteer positions related to teaching.
You may list your achievements in a different section or highlight them while including them in the Experience section. Wherever you choose to write your achievements, make sure to focus on what you accomplished at that position and not only talk about the duties you had.
Here you can mention your soft skill set, related to your personality, and hard skills, that you have taken the time to learn or get certified. You may also mention any specific technologies you can use, like Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop.
What you choose to write in your resume is not restricted to these four sections. You may include other things like one for a resume objective or one for the Awards you received while teaching.
Tips to Write an Effective Teacher Resume
Here are some tips you can remember while writing a teacher resume.
- Match your resume with the specific position
Make sure to match your resume with the teaching position for which you are applying. Try to include the applicable keywords from the job listing and provide all the relevant details. Hence, it is necessary to tailor your resume according to the specific position.
- Choose an appropriate format
You may find that some formats are more suitable while considering your previous experiences or the particular teaching position you are applying for. Thus choosing an appropriate resume format for your teaching expertise is a must.
- Quantify your achievements and experience
Use bullets and numbers while listing your accomplishments in your resume. It will not only give it a professional and polished look, but the numbers will also make your achievements look more credible.
Sample Teacher Resume (Text Version)
ABC Road Memphis, TN 38115
012 – 314 – 56789
High School English Teacher with 3+ years of experience managing a class of 35-40 students. Encouraging reading and creative writing traits in students from an early age. Adept at motivating students to appreciate literature and help them to improve test scores.
High School Teacher (2018 – Present)
XYZ High School, Nashville, TN
- Teach Modern Literature to junior and senior classes in the school, and methodically organize and simplify resources for the lessons to match with the curriculum objectives
- Assess and grade over 100 students’ work and collaborate with other teachers to efficiently plan and prepare tests
- Met with parents, guardians, and counselors to resolve any interpersonal or behavioral issues of students
Middle School Teacher (2016 – 2018)
PQR Secondary School, Nashville, TN
- Taught sixth, seventh, and eighth graders the English curriculum and offered extra classes for students who needed additional guidance
- Devised and implemented an interactive session after school where the students would gather weekly to discuss books and short stories
B.S. in General Education – XYZ University, 2014-2016
- Good at communicating and resolving conflicts
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Classroom management and lesson planning
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and Windows Movie Maker
People who searched on google for teacher resume sample India, teacher resume format pdf, teacher resume format download, teacher resume format in word free download, teacher resume template free, sample cv for teachers in word format, fresher teacher resume format doc, experienced teacher resume pdf found this article helpful.