The most sought after skills in a Retail Salesperson are the ability to sell, customer service orientation, teamwork, and enthusiasm. Generally, Employers select resumes displaying previous sales experience.
Retail Salesperson Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proven working experience in retail sales
Retail Salesperson Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain high levels of consumer satisfaction by providing superior sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide information and assistance on product services and features
- Drive sales with product knowledge and market-driven enthusiasm
- Maintain presentable and in-stock condition of assigned sections of the store
- Actively seek out consumers shopping in-store and offer assistance
- Discuss products offered and available alternatives, including creative financing options
- Cross-sell merchandise and services
- Ensure proper customer service by teaming with co-workers
- Establish trust relationships with customers
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Assist with physical inventory counts
- Monitor loss prevention activities
Customer Service Resume Sample
3648 Sumner Street
California, CA 90248
Attentive and detail-oriented Customer Service Representative energized by the challenges and opportunities offered within fast-paced, quality-critical call center environments. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Customer Service: Interact well with callers requesting product information and technical support, responding with professionalism and empathy while proactively resolving conflicts to prevent escalation and ensure customer satisfaction.
Communications: Clearly communicate with customers via telephone and online to identify individual needs and provide positive solutions. Superb active listening skills complemented by proven skill in facilitating consultative sales discussions.
Leadership and Teamwork: Keen team player, motivating peers through personal example, a positive attitude, and a willingness to lend a hand whenever needed. Available to work overtime and on weekends to ensure adequate staffing.
Technical Proficiencies: Good command of Microsoft Office live chat software.
ABC TELECOMMUNICATIONS – San Jose, CA
Customer Service Representative, 01/2014 to Present
Provide excellent customer service and technical support to customers of established internet/broadband providers during live chat sessions. Address customer issues and inquiries; liaise across accounting, sales, and technical departments to formulate winning solutions.
- Led team tasked with developing new customer service protocol that reduced customer wait time by 43%.
- Maintained a perfect attendance record while frequently stepping up to substitute for absent personnel during other shifts.
Skyline AIRLINES – San Fransico, CA
Customer Service Representative, 8/2010 to 12/2013
Assisted customers in ordering or rescheduling flights, claiming travel awards and confirming reservations. Actively listened to customer feedback to deescalate dissatisfied customers and retain their business.
- Awarded “#1 Customer Service Representative” in 2013 based upon success in contributing to outstanding levels of customer satisfaction.
- Selected by supervisor to train and mentor new customer service agents.
BEACHWEAR – San Mateo, CA
Customer Service Representative, 04/2009 to 6/2010
Successfully handled phone sales and support for retail clothing provider. Assisted clients in product selection, processed payments and arranged for returns.
San Jose University, California, CA
Bachelor of Arts in French, 2006 to 2009
Retail Salesperson Job Summary
As a retail salesperson, you will greet customers with excitement and determine their needs. You will recommend products and services based on their needs, explain the benefits of products and demonstrate how products work. You should have an excellent working knowledge of current promotions and sales events, payment and exchange policies, and security practices. You will also process payments, and bag or package the purchases. You will also stock rack, mark prices on items, and prepare the floor for displays