Packers are an important part of the order fulfillment process and help ensure that goods reach consumers in good condition. A Packer prepares orders for shipping and loads them into the shipping container or vessel. This is done either from a warehouse or a manufacturing facility. Once the item has been packed, a Packer weighs and labels it properly before placing it in the shipping container. Packers are also responsible for updating the product inventory to account for moved items.
Packer Job Description
We are looking for a highly organized Packer to prepare items for shipping. The Packer is responsible for cleaning shipping containers, labeling items, and packing items into the shipping containers.
To be successful as a Packer you must have attention to detail and the ability to organize items. A good Packer is efficient and careful not to damage items.
Packer Responsibilities and Duties:
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Ensure that items are undamaged.
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations.
- Keeping records of packages including delivery notes, invoices, etc.
- Pack items into shipping containers.
- Seal and label shipping containers.
Packer skills and qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Ability to operate shipping vehicles
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience working in a warehouse.
- Attention to detail.
- Physical strength and stamina.
Searches related to packer job description: warehouse picker packer job description, picker packer job description for resume, packer job skills, packer job description resume, packer job description amazon, food packer job description, pharmaceutical packer job description, food packer job description resume