Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light.. Here is a list of books that’ll give your career a boost based on what you want right now!
1. Maximize Your Potential: Grow Your Expertise, Take Bold Risks & Build an Incredible Career
If you want to take your career to the Next Level.
2. Love Your Job: The New Rules for Career Happiness
If You Want to Fall in Love With Your Current Job
3. Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
If You Want Work-Life Balance
4. Think and Grow Rich
If You Want to Change Your Money Mindset. Not only will you learn what they believed was the key to their riches, but you’ll also get Hill’s 13-step program that will put you on the track to achieve wealth and success.
5. The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success
If You Want to Recover From a Career Failure. You’ll read stories from people in all different career paths (medicine, education, finance—to name a few), and their examples will help you see your missteps in a different light.
6. Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong
If You Want to Be Fearless. This book features interviews from Cheryl Strayed (bestselling author of Wild), Anna Holmes of Jezebel, Stanford psychology professor Carol Dweck, and many more. It’s a great read for anyone who worries that doing something wrong will spell the end of their careers.
7. In Moving the Needle: Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business, and Life
If You’re Feeling Stuck in Your Career. It’s a perfect read for those who crave actionable advice. Bonus: These lessons can be applied to personal aspirations as well.
8. Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction
If You Want to Change Careers. If you’re looking for a new job or questioning what you’re meant to do with your life, Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction will help find the answers in just three months!
If You Want to Start Your Own Company. The founder of fashion retailer Nasty Gal, Amoruso opens up about her troublesome past and how she turned her life around to become an insanely successful CEO. Even if you’re not passionate about the fashion industry, you can benefit from this inspirational story.
10. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
If You Want to Develop Better Work Habits. It’s not just about your life in the workplace, and it’s not a quick-fix kind of book. But it will teach you to change your perception of how the world around you works—and help you achieve more.
If You Want to Become Vital to Your Workplace. You’ll learn how to join that third category—and become an innovator your company can’t live without.